- This event has passed.
Volunteer Facilitator Training
December 5, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Those interested in volunteering as a Camp Counselor or Support Group Facilitator are required to complete this training.
Teske Vance, Program Coordinator, will lead volunteers through a training that meets the following goals:
- Volunteers will be equipped to lead support groups of all ages.
- Volunteers will learn the dynamic of dealing with grieving individuals, children, and families.
- Volunteers will know the proper steps in dealing with crises that occur during services.
- Volunteers will gain a general understanding of grief camp and support group agendas.
- Volunteers will be provided with copies of and understand Amanda the Panda’s policies and procedures for facilitators.
If you are already a trained counselor/facilitator for Amanda the Panda or have an interest in learning more about grief support in a group format, we invite you to consider attending this training as a refresher and for the educational value.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by emailing Teske@amandathepanda.org.